If you thought going away with the children, the dog and the extended family was stressful, think again. At the Polurrian Bay we put flawless hospitality and quality family time at the core of your luxury holiday. And we never expect you to compromise on quality because you have children in tow.
Location and facilities aside, what makes the Polurrian Bay an ideal family bolthole is our understanding of what families need to relax on holiday. Not only do we offer free childcare, children's activities, baby and toddler paraphernalia, and stress-busting sea-views, this is also the sort of place where parents get to indulge in life’s forgotten little luxuries – from delicious Cornish cuisine and fine wines to spa treatments and feet-up time reading the paper.
Our excellent facilities inspire quality family time both indoors and out: children will love hunting stone mice on a Mouse Safari, climbing on the enormous soft Crocodilla in our Vista Lounge, and heading out into the hotel gardens to search for Cornish Piskies. As well as indoor and outdoor swimming pools, there’s a play area with swings and a slide, tennis court, a family cinema and a games room.
These are just some of the things we offer to make life easy with children:
Childcare and children's activities
- Crèche: Each day of your stay we offer up to two hours free childcare in our Ofsted-registered crèche – suitable for babies and children up to 8 years old.
- Baby listening and babysitting: Use our complimentary baby-listening system so that you can relax and enjoy a sophisticated dinner and catch up on much-needed time as a couple. If you prefer, we can organise a babysitter – often our own nannies. Please note that there is an additional charge for the babysitting service – call us to discuss your requirements.
- Sunday morning lie in: Our friendly nannies will whisk the children away to Breakfast Club, while you curl back up under the duvet with your partner, a coffee and the newspapers.
- The Blue Room & Cinema Room: Older children can meet friends and play video games, pool and table football in the Blue Room, or watch the family favourites in the cinema room.
- The Snug: The whole family – and the dog – can get cosy in our Snug, which is packed with games, toys, puzzles and books.
We like your holiday to start before you’ve even left home, so we make packing easy. We will we liaise with you before you arrive to ensure that your room is equipped with every item of baby and child paraphernalia you need from cots and bottle warmers, to bed guards and potties.
We can heat bottles and bring fresh morning and evening milk to your room (free of charge). Our chef is also happy to provide puréed food from 8am to 9pm.