Keeping our guests and staff safe
A Message from Grant Callaghan, General Manager
The safety of our guests and the team remains our number one priority and we will continue to adhere to the specific guidance set out for the hospitality industry. Whilst the hotel was closed, we worked extensively on our operational plans and processes in order to ensure that when we did reopen our doors, it was with complete confidence that we were able to do so safely. Below you will find an overview as to the key operational initiatives that are now in place.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Polurrian in the near future.
Polurrian – Covid Policies
- For all of the latest information regarding the government’s three tier system of lockdown measures, please visit our frequently asked questions.
- We are now implementing pre-booked reservations during key service periods (including breakfast) to allow guests more space and time to enjoy meals.
- We are blessed with the most incredible views and as such our menu is available al-fresco (weather permitting).
- The hotel is offering contactless express check-in and check-out so that guests are free to arrive and depart with ease. A copy of the invoice will be sent by email for guests to review prior to check-out.
- We have updated our pre-arrival email communications to provide additional information relating to health and hygiene so that upon arrival you are fully prepared for your stay.
- We are pleased to confirm that our pools are now open. We are offering bookable swimming sessions in order to give our resident guests the opportunity to swim each day at a convenient time without compromising on their safety – please contact reception to make a booking. We are also taking non-resident bookings for the outdoor pool.
- We are pleased to confirm that our spa treatment rooms have now reopened. In partnership with Elemis and Jessica Nail, we are offering a streamlined list of more indulgent spa treatments to ensure there is a range of choices for our guests to relax, pamper or recharge.
- A stringent new approach to cleaning has been implemented and will be regularly reviewed in line with government guidelines. Hand sanitiser will always be available and visible at key points throughout the hotels.
- At Polurrian on The Lizard we pride ourselves on our beautiful grounds and gardens. We will ensure that during the autumn months guests can play, relax, drink and eat in our spacious grounds with specially created outdoor dining and picnic options.
- A stay at Polurrian on The Lizard has always included a wonderful breakfast. However, we are now serving all items direct to your table without compromising on quality.
- Our team members have all undergone a comprehensive training course before returning to work, focusing on a Covid-19 secure workplace and the health and safety of our guests.
- We have reached out to our wider family of suppliers to ensure their policies and systems are meeting the required industry standards.
- We are offering a range of additional and innovative outdoor activities and wellness sessions such as cliff top yoga and a series of sunset outdoor cinemas as and when government guidelines permit.
- We are offering comprehensive take-away breakfast and lunch options that can be enjoyed on the beach, in the gardens or on our sun terrace overlooking the sea.
- Our tennis court is available for our resident guests, time slots can be reserved.
Frequently Asked Questions
For more details and information on our operational plans for reopening, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions.
Whilst we have adapted our hotel operation in order to deliver the safest possible environment for our guests and our staff, our hotel and the surrounding area will still offer some amazing experiences and opportunities for magical memories. For more inspiration, we have curated a list of the very best Polurrian experiences on offer this autumn.
Flexible booking terms and conditions
In order to provide our guests with peace of mind when making new reservations, we've introduced flexible new conditions for all new 2020 and 2021 bookings.
If you have any specific questions or you would like to make a new booking, please telephone our Reservations team on 01326 240421
Alternatively, you can book on-line at any time.
For more information, please view the hotel’s terms and conditions.