If you thought going away with the children, the dog and the extended family was stressful, think again. At Polurrian Bay we put flawless hospitality and valuable family time at the core of your luxury holiday, with free childcare and family activities.
Location and facilities aside, what makes the Polurrian Bay an ideal family bolthole is our understanding of what families need to relax on holiday. Not only do we offer free childcare, children’s activities, and stress-busting sea views, this is also the sort of place where parents get to indulge in life’s forgotten luxuries – from delicious Cornish cuisine and fine wines to spa treatments and feet-up time. Our friendly crèche staff will even whisk the children away to Breakfast Club on a Sunday morning, leaving you to curl up under the duvet with your partner, a coffee and the newspapers.
Our excellent facilities inspire quality family time both indoors and out: children will love hunting stone mice on a Mouse Safari, climbing on the enormous Crocodilla in our Vista Lounge, and heading out into the hotel gardens to search for Cornish Piskies. As well as indoor and outdoor swimming pools, there’s a play area with swings and a slide, tennis court, a family cinema and a games room.
Here are just some of the things we do to make life easy with babies, toddlers and older children:
Baby friendly hotels create baby friendly holidays (and very happy parents). At Polurrian Bay, we’ve thought of everything.
- Free childcare For each day of your stay we offer up to two hours of childcare in our Ofsted-registered crèche, open from 10am to 5pm.
- Baby listening and babysitting Use our complimentary baby-listening system so that you can relax and enjoy a sophisticated dinner and much-needed time as a couple. If you prefer, we can organise a babysitter at an additional charge – often our own nannies.
- Baby equipment We like your holiday to start before you’ve even left home, so we make packing easy. We’ll liaise with you before you arrive to ensure that your room is equipped with every item of baby equipment you need, including cots, nappy bins and bottle warmers.
- Bottles and food We can heat bottles and bring fresh morning and evening milk to your room (free of charge). Our chef is happy to provide pureed food from 8am to 9pm.
To take a look at our spacious double rooms and family suites, click here.
The perfect toddler friendly holiday does exist – all you need to do is find a thoroughly toddler friendly hotel. Well, you’re in luck…
- Crèche and children’s activities Our Ofsted-registered crèche is every toddler’s idea of heaven. Packed with games, toys and books, it offers a safe and fun space to leave your little ones while taking time for yourselves.
- Children’s dining Children can eat with our flexible dining options. Enjoy High Tea with crèche staff on hand from 5pm-6pm, or sit down together for family dining, complete with freshly prepared dishes made with locally-sourced ingredients.
- Outdoors Find plenty of ways to burn off your toddler’s excess energy: help them scale the heights of our wooden climbing frame, hunt for Cornish Piskies, or whoosh through the air on the swings and slide.
- Toddler equipment We know that raising a toddler involves a lot of paraphernalia, which is why we’ll liaise with you to be sure your room has everything you need, including bed guards and potties.
To view our family rooms and check availability, click here.
Find the right child friendly hotel and an unforgettable child friendly holiday suddenly seems so easy. At Polurrian Bay, we’ve got it all taken care of.
- Crèche Children up to 8 years old can spend two free hours each day in our Ofsted-registered crèche. Older children can meet friends and play video games, pool and table football in the Blue Room, or watch family favourites in the cinema room.
- The Snug The whole family – not forgetting the dog – can cosy down in our Snug, which is packed with games, toys, puzzles and books.
- Flexible mealtimes Dine with flexibility, with your children or without. For them, we have the option of High Tea, from 5pm-6pm, or casual family dining with you. Our menus contain age-appropriate options, featuring the best Cornish cuisine.
To find the perfect family room for you, click here.